.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A Faerie's Farthing

Flitting through the internets looking for sparkly bits. All content mine and not to be reproduced without permission.

Name:
Location: All Material Copyrighted, United States

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

An Inside Joke I'm Happy to Have Missed...

An Inside Joke I'm Happy to Have Missed...

or shrubya being his malapropistic self? It's hard to say which prospect is funnier - that he is actually referring to an episode of blue humor between him and Miers or that he is simply, once again, speaking without thinking.

Miers, President Bush's personal lawyer and his selection for a Supreme Court seat, emerges as an unabashed fan in more than 2,000 pages of official correspondence and personal notes made public Monday by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission in response to open-records requests.

Bush responded to her birthday wish in kind, and included a humorous, if baffling, postscript.

"I appreciate your friendship and candor. Never hold back your sage advice," he wrote. "P.S. No more public scatology."


I have absolutely zero faith that he actually knew the meaning of "scatology," but with this crew, who knows what the real story is. They have demonstrated the most uncanny ability to turn the most quotidian fact surreal and render the most absurd fiction plausible - and I don't mean that in the good way. Exhibit A: the Miers parody blog. Take this blog entry, for example:

SOOOO HUNG OVER
Good morning blog-o-nauts!! Well, I hope its a good morning for you... because over here in the southwest corner of the West Wing, things aren't going so hot. Let me give youa tip: if your ever nominated to the supreme Court,, you don't have to accept every free drink on your first night... I think I need one of those "morning-after" pills!

Oh well... Im still the nominee and today is the SECOND DAY of the REST OF MY LIFE!! Go Supremes!!!

XOXOX

HARRIET

UPDATE: OMG not that kind of morning-after pill... I meant like a Tylenol. Okay. I'm going to shut up now. [BLUSHING!!]


Granted; I don't believe Miers went out and tied one on, but if blogger supported hearts as 'i' dots, they'd be there. Compare that post to these actual Miers quotes from the above article:

"You are the best governor ever -- deserving of great respect," Harriet Miers wrote to George W. Bush days after his 51st birthday, in July 1997.

She also found him "cool," called him and his wife, Laura, "the greatest!" and told him: "Keep up the great work. Texas is blessed."


I hope it's just really really good parody...in the meantime, I'm nicknaming her "Perkie Kohl."


wing tip to Americablog


Tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home